Lsquared Restoration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lsquared Restoration

The official game forum for the 11th season of Lsquared.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exit Interview

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
switza
Admin

Exit Interview Empty
PostSubject: Exit Interview   Exit Interview EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:42 am

Thank you for signing up so late in the process. I didn't know what to expect from a new player, but you performed tremendously. I'd like to ask a few questions, as I've done with all the eliminated players.

What were your expectations coming into the game, since you hadn't played anything like this before?

Did you enjoy the experience? Do you think you'll try your hand at other games like this?

How surprised are you that you made it as far as you did? You seemed to have a pretty good handle on the game throughout, but at some point you had to think you'd be seen as too big a threat.

How did you survive those few votes when you didn't have individual immunity? I thought for certain that Bobby/Ariana/Moses/tony would gang up and take you out.

You definitely had a strong relationship with magic_girl. Do you think you would've played your game differently if she had not been involved? Would your strategy change any?

How surprised were you when tony voted her out over you? Do you think that was a mistake on his part?

Based on the jury questioning, how do you feel the final vote will go? Feeling confident you'll win?

Congratulations again and I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

Ekki Mukk

Exit Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Interview   Exit Interview EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 1:40 pm

What were your expectations coming into the game, since you hadn't played anything like this before?

I expected it to be like Survivor, but a much milder e-version. It got a lot more intense than I expected (or I just got really absorbed). I expected I'd be voted out pretty quickly and it would be kind of fun while it lasted. I wasn't sure how the challenges would work, etc... I already knew I wouldn't do well in trivia challenges (I know what I know well, but my general/topical knowledge isn't spread very wide)... strategy and puzzle challenges I figured I'd do better (I hate puzzles, but in the game - as a competition - I actually liked them... without the competition aspect, I tend to space), but I wasn't sure just how well or what the mix would be. The only Survivor challenges I'd be completely confident in would be physical challenges, but being an internet version and physical challenges being off the table, I wasn't sure how well I'd do in them. I was pretty impressed with myself. What also surprised me is that it truly was a social game - people took it seriously (at least sometimes), as did I, and the social dynamic felt very real despite being over the internet.

Did you enjoy the experience? Do you think you'll try your hand at other games like this?

I did! I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The fact it was more involved than I anticipated threw me off at first, but made it even more fun. I'd gladly play more games like this (though only 1 at a time - I clearly get too involved and don't have the time for more than 1 at a time). I didn't even realize people had games like this (let alone on IMDb) - so that's really cool. Opened up a whole new IMDb world to me. I'll probably set up a secondary account, though - you guys don't want "Ben" following me to the game board. I noticed you guys see a random joke answer as annoying trolling - on the SB, via Ben, trolling is outing personal phone numbers/emails/addresses, leaked/found nudes, and harassing one's family via Facebook. Oddly, learning how to navigate/dodge that online made most of this Survivor sneakiness seem like child's play in comparison.

How surprised are you that you made it as far as you did? You seemed to have a pretty good handle on the game throughout, but at some point you had to think you'd be seen as too big a threat.

From my expectations going in, I'm incredibly surprised. When I signed up, I never expected I'd make it to the final 2 - that wasn't even a possibility (or goal) in my mind. From the point where I became extremely invested (and was posting like 10 confessionals a day - sorry)... not too surprised. Once I really got into it, and felt I really had a grasp on the game, the goal was to win and I knew I had a decent shot if I kept trying. When I first started this game, I couldn't imagine caring about whether or not I was final 2 - it wasn't something that concerned me... but clearly it was by about the middle of the game. Laughing Likewise, when all of that happened, I simultaneously knew I'd be seen as a threat. And that's fine - made the game more enjoyable.

How did you survive those few votes when you didn't have individual immunity? I thought for certain that Bobby/Ariana/Moses/tony would gang up and take you out.

I really don't know. I thought they'd gang up and take me out, too. Tony really does seem like a pretty straight shooting player, and I think it was his reluctance to be instrumental of plotting (he did definitely rely on others to plot, though), combined with Moses' apparently new-found distrust of Ariana/wanting to assert his independence from her (and his dislike of Bobby/Tony) that saved me. Both of them reached a point they wanted to play their own game, and their own game didn't require me being voted out. Good timing, I guess.

You definitely had a strong relationship with magic_girl. Do you think you would've played your game differently if she had not been involved? Would your strategy change any?

Magic was a great ally - and, for someone who didn't know the first thing about Survivor coming in, a great player - and I hate that I downplayed her in the jury answers (I wanted to mention her to be honest - because she was a huge part of my game - but I then realized I had to back down from that a little). But at the same time, playing without her would've given me more freedom in the game. Because while she helped me, I also had to always watch over her and make sure any move I made, any ally I made, etc... didn't put her at a disadvantage. I could've worked closer with other people if not for her. And I think she felt the same. I'd be a tiny bit more at risk without a solid ally, but I'd also have more room to move - and wouldn't ever have to take part in throwing challenges. However, working with her also made me have to try harder to save myself (lest I abandon her), which may have helped. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. We talked about this after - if we both play the game again, we're not telling each other who we are (but we'd probably gcouple weeks before this game, and when we did, she told me she'd signed up for an online Survivor and asked for tips. So it actually made us talk a lot more than usual.

How surprised were you when tony voted her out over you? Do you think that was a mistake on his part?

Pretty surprised. I think he'd stand a better chance of winning against her, tbh. But because she was voted friendliest, maybe he thought she'd be more difficult to beat. Or maybe he thought it would be interesting to have 2 "challenge beasts" (... Jeff <3) in the final 2. I guess whether or not it was a mistake depends on his reasoning. I'm glad he picked me, all the same - maybe he was just drunk at the time.

Based on the jury questioning, how do you feel the final vote will go? Feeling confident you'll win?

Not totally confident, no. But I think there's a good chance. I don't expect Bobby's vote, for one. I think there's a good shot I'll win, but I think it'll be pretty close (maybe 4-3, in favor of either of us).

Congratulations again and I wish you the best.

Thank you, and also thank you again for hosting this game and giving me a spot. I enjoyed it a lot - way more than I thought I would. It's also made me want to catch up on the show. As my sneakiness/paranoia came out during the last half, you may have revised your original suggestion. But if you ever want to ally in a game, PM me and let me know. I'd definitely be all for playing another one.
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

Ekki Mukk

Exit Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Interview   Exit Interview EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 1:43 pm

*(but we'd probably guess fast enough). We didn't talk for a couple weeks before this game, and when we did, she told me she'd signed up for an online Survivor and asked for tips. So it actually made us talk a lot more than usual.

^ text cut off in the middle of that for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exit Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Interview   Exit Interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Exit Interview
Page 1 of 1