Lsquared Restoration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lsquared Restoration

The official game forum for the 11th season of Lsquared.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Individual Reward Challenge

Go down 
+5
magic_girl
Jeff Winger
Ekki Mukk
moondoggie
switza
9 posters
AuthorMessage
switza
Admin

Individual Reward Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Individual Reward Challenge Th?&id=JN.9Hi%2bqlrYamCkRGyQLTLaQw&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

Welcome in tribes. Ainu, getting your first look at the new Uilta tribe-Illuminati voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Today's reward challenge is simply a word search. Hidden in the puzzle are 100 words and phrases. You need to find as many of them as you can in 30 minutes. For each word/phrase you find you will score 1 point. For each word/phrase that you find that no other player finds, you'll score 2 points. The words/phrases you're looking for can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakhalin. Any word or phrase that is a link to another page could possibly be found in the puzzle. A couple things to keep in mind:

1. All words in the puzzle are at least 4 letters long. So if you stumble upon a 3-letter link (like elm or oak) it won't be a correct answer.
2. Phrases that are part of 1 link (Pacific Ocean, World War II, Adam Johann von Krusenstern, et al) will be combined to make one word in the puzzle (PACIFICOCEAN, WORLDWARII, ADAMJOHANNVONKRUSENSTEM, et al). Words that are next to each other but different links (in the 'etymology' section Aino kimuy are next to each other, but separate links) will be separate words.
3. Be careful of certain words that are part of longer words or phrases as well. You might find the word Russia, but make sure it isn't part of a longer word/phrase like Russian or Russian Railways.
4. Any link that contains a numbers will not be included, so things like 50th Parellel North won't be found in the puzzle. Hyphenated phrases are included without the punctuation.
5. Look only at the links in the textual part of the page; not in the references, footnotes, photo captions, tables, etc.
6. Words won't be repeated in the puzzle. Ainu is linked multiple times on the Wiki page, but would only be correct in the puzzle once. If you find Ainu a second time, it is likely part of a larger word or phrase.
7. There are over 200 links on the Wiki page, but only 100 of them are found in the puzzle. You'll have to figure them out.

When you locate a word, post in your confessional space the position of the word within the puzzle, using row/column format starting with the first letter of the word and ending with the position of the last letter, something like: "row 1, column 4 to row 6, column 4" or "1-4 to 6-4". Be sure to include the word/phrase in your post as well. Each word should be posted in individually.

Because this is an individual challenge, I've locked you out of your tribe camps, so you can't easily help each other out there. The top 3 scorers will win the challenge and I'll explain the reward once the winners are revealed. I will let you know this is a valuable reward which can help you understand where you stand in everyone else's eyes right now in this game.

I'll give a couple minutes to read over this and ask questions to clear up any confusion. Otherwise, I'll post the puzzle at the top of the hour.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:55 pm

Puzzle will be posted in 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Here is the puzzle, you have 30 minutes.

Individual Reward Challenge Search12
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:15 pm

15 minutes remain
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:25 pm

5 minutes remain
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:32 pm

Time is up. No answers will be accepted if the time stamp is after 8:30. I'll tally the scores.
Back to top Go down
moondoggie

moondoggie

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:32 pm

it would been a lot more helpful if the rows and columns came with numbers. was counting part of the skills tested?
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:34 pm

^ that. I have a headache.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Yes moon that was all part of it.

A couple things:

1. moondoggie and Sweet both sent your answers in the same post. The rules stated you needed to post in individual posts; so I'm not able to accept your answers

2. Some of you sent in answers that had the wrong coordinates so those answers weren't accepted either

Only 3 players sent in acceptable answers.

In 3rd place, winning reward with 2 points is magic

In 2nd place, winning reward with 11 points is tony

In 1st place, winning reward with 13 points is Ekki
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:49 pm

As for your rewards...

first, players drop your buffs.
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:49 pm

wtf???  I was so sure I did horribly. WOOOOOOO!

Congrats to Magic and Tony, and good game to everyone.  That was a tough challenge... blurred vision all around! cheers

Last edited by Ekki Mukk on Tue May 12, 2015 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moondoggie

moondoggie

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:50 pm

oh each answer phrase needed a separate post?
Back to top Go down
Jeff Winger

Jeff Winger

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:52 pm

Congrats you 3
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:55 pm

As of now, we are back to 3 tribes.

Ekki, you are Uilta
tony you are Ainu
magic you are the re-formed Gilyak

As for the other 9 of you, I need you to post in your confessional which of the 3 tribes you would like to join.

Ekki, tony, magic-if more than 3 people ask to join your tribe, you'll be able to pick which 3 you want to join your tribe. The remaining players will be added to the tribes with less than 3 players joining.

Additionally, the 3 of you will have individual immunity if your tribe attends tribal council.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:01 pm

yes moon individual posts.

the challenge was multi-layered. Figure out what words to find, figure out what row/column they were, posting individual posts to take more time than sending a long list at once
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Waiting on the last couple people to pick their tribe. Once I have everyone's choice, I'll post the new tribes.
Back to top Go down
moondoggie

moondoggie

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:59 pm

switza wrote:
yes moon individual posts.

posting individual posts to take more time than sending a long list at once
isn't that a waste of posts? Reduce, reuse , recycle my man.
Back to top Go down
magic_girl

magic_girl

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:04 pm

^lol
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:36 am

I have everyone's decisions.

Ainu
tony
Audrey
Bobby
Catherine
Madea
moon

Gilyak
magic
Ariana
Moses

Uilta
Ekki
Jeff
Sweet

Tony-you had 2 extra people who chose to be on your tribe. You need to select the 3 you want to keep on Ainu. Once he selects his 3, Ekki-you'll pick 1 of the leftovers to join Uilta and the remaining player will join magic on Gilyak.

Tony post your choices on this thread.

Because this process took longer than expected, no challenge tonight (it's Survivor night anyway). So you'll have a day to get to know your new tribe.
Back to top Go down
Moses

Moses

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:03 am

I wish we had a challenge tonight ngl. Can we have one?
Back to top Go down
moondoggie

moondoggie

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:31 am

since Ainu is  overcrowded, I'll volunteer to go somewhere else, Tony, if it's ok with you.
Back to top Go down
tonyt88

tonyt88

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:26 am

I'll totally respect your wishes.

I'll take the first three listed: Audrey, Bobby, and Catherine.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:08 am

Ekki, as the high scorer in the challenge, you have the choice of Madea or moondoggie. Whomever you don't take will join Gilyak.
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Madea for Uilta.

Gilyak gets Gidget's dude.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:58 pm

That makes tribes official:

Ainu - tony, Catherine, Audrey, Bobby

Gilyak - magic, moondoggie, Moses, Ariana

Uilta - Ekki, Jeff, Madea, Sweet

Get to know each other back at camp.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willows

Catherine Willows

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Hey!
Back to top Go down
Audrey Belrose

Audrey Belrose

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Hey new tribe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Individual Reward Challenge   Individual Reward Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Individual Reward Challenge
Page 1 of 1