Lsquared Restoration

The official game forum for the 11th season of Lsquared.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Immunity Challenge 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Immunity Challenge 3   Fri May 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Welcome in tribes. I hope you've had time to get to know your new tribe mates. But now for the important part of the day, the battle for immunity. Here's how it will work.

Below I've listed 10 3-letter combinations. You need to add at least 1 letter to the beginning AND 1 letter to the end of the 3 letters to form a common English word. Abbreviations, foreign words, acronyms are not allowed. Proper names are allowed, if common (just because you claim to have a friend name Truhren Jones doesn't mean you can use Truhren as a word).

For each letter you add to the initial 3 letters you'll score 1 point. If you are not able to complete a word or send in an invalid word, you'll receive a 10-point penalty. If you send in a word that any other player (from your tribe or the other) sends, you'll score 1 point/letter + a 20-point penalty. If you don't send in an answer sheet, you'll score 100 points for your tribe. The tribe with the LOWEST combined score across all 7 answer sheets will win immunity and be safe from Tribal Council. Losing tribe will vote out the third person from the game.

For example, if I give the letters _xha_, you could create ExhaLE for 3 points, ExhaUST for 4 points, INExhaUSTED for 8 points, etc. So it might seem the obvious strategy is to send the shortest words to score the fewest points; but if you think someone else will send that word, it could be advantageous to send a higher scoring word to avoid the penalty (even a 10 point word would be better than the penalty).

Each person needs to send in an individual answer sheet with 10 answers (post in your confessional area). There is no bonus for sending in quickest, simply fewest points will win. You also are not allowed to change your answer sheet. First submission only will count. If you edit the sheet, it will be a 100 point penalty to your tribe.

Here are the 10 letter combinations. You have until 10PM Central Saturday night to send in your answer sheet. If I receive all 14 before the time limit, I'll post the results at that time.

__RVI__
__DAT__
__NTA__
__SEF__
__CES__
__ERR__
__AND__
__XTE__
__TOR__
__MPI__
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Immunity Challenge 3   Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 pm

You have 90 minutes to send answers
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Immunity Challenge 3   Sat May 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Here's the scoring. Several people turned in misspelled words or words that didn't properly fit the rules of the challenge.

The scores are points for the letters added on the words + penalties for using a repeated word, not turning in a sheet or using a word that didn't meet the rules

Ainu
Bobby 42 points + 40 penalty
moondoggie 33 + 60
Catherine 39 +50
Madea 22 + 70
Audrey 49 + 50
Jeff 31 + 50
tony 29 + 160
725 points

Uilta
magic 21 + 120
Ekki 29 + 20
Illuminati 0 + 100
Moses 26 + 60
Tyrion 34 + 100
Ariana 24 + 100
Sweet 27 + 80
741 points

By a margin of 16 points, Ainu wins immunity and are safe from Tribal Council tonight. Uilta, you will all be joining me for the first time at Tribal Council, where one of you will be the third player voted out of the game. Head back to your camps.
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Immunity Challenge 3   Sat May 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Sucks. Still, good game, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Audrey Belrose

PostSubject: Re: Immunity Challenge 3   Sat May 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Good job tribe.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Winger

PostSubject: Re: Immunity Challenge 3   Sat May 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Wtg guys