Lsquared Restoration

The official game forum for the 11th season of Lsquared.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

magic_girl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
switza
Admin

PostSubject: magic_girl   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:36 am

magic-please step up and address the final 2 with questions or comments regarding their game.
Back to top Go down
magic_girl

PostSubject: Re: magic_girl   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:15 pm

First of all, congrats again guys.  Reaching the final is an achievement in itself, so well done for making it this far! cheers  

To you both: you guys seemed to dominate in the challenges as the game progressed, and since no one asked, I'll go ahead and bite - how did you prepare and were there any hidden strategies/techniques you picked up that could have possibly given you an advantage during the challenges that others didn't pick up on etc... are you guys willing to share any of that?  I doubt both of you just relied on coffee!  Come on!!  Also what were your favourite tasks and why?  And what were your personal highlights, too?

Ekki - when we first went on separate tribes and Sweet went with you, I told you my concerns with being dubious about her pming me she'll stick with me "no matter what"(her exact words).    Then  later pick your tribe and not message me back for ages explaining her reasoning BUT only messaging me back AFTER I sent a general pm(when prior to this we used to pm often) so yeah, doubt set in.   I know you and I disagreed on this and you thought that was just me being 'bitter' and having 'hurt feelings' for not picking me, but if someone tells you something and does the other - and then NOT get back to you, paranoia festers so I think that was justified of me, especially in this game.  I guess like Bobby mentioning  paranoia and trust (and I was probably the female version of him in that regard) - and Ariana and Moses picking up 'ignoring pms' is a clear sign of possible distrust, I'd say that was fair, especially in this game.

Regardless, I wanna inquire why you were so sure Sweet could be trusted(before me getting her pm replies back and trusting her fully again and regretting the doubt) when you were the initial dubious one?  Were there more discussions between you guys that I wasn't aware of or any secret boards that you didn't tell me about afterwards?  I know you and I clashed and disagreed over a few issues and you were wary to tell me much because you thought I was closer to Moses, Moondoggie and Ariana at one point  re: the tribe split.    Did you think I was slightly naive to trust with info further along the game or that I'd possibly be a fickle ally in the long run and genuinely blindside you? Were you just mad at me the time you admitted you would have voted me off or were you legit about that?  Why did the trust you had in me wear off and doubt set in?  When did you begin to trust me again?

Tony - you became a great friend and I'm glad we got to work together as the game progressed... Also Bobby and Moon(I gathered long ago you guys could have been potential allies? Not sure..) Anyway, you said you played a viciously sneaky game before, but wanted to play a genuine game this time.  Now I wanna know, if one of your allies were in the final 3 with you i.e. Bobby, would you have used some sneaky techniques to guarantee him a place in the final with you, or risk your opponent winning and your own position too for the final, if they would have picked your ally instead of you?

I'm asking to probe how badly you wanted to stay in this game and make sure your ally was by your side...  Do you think using some sneakiness at this stage would have been justified as clever strategising and not really seen as a dishonest move?   I'm curious if your integrity in the game would have stayed as you professed or if you think at this point it wouldn't have mattered?

From what I learnt of Survivor, utilising every skill set is a must and might have been commended, making someone an allrounder, so possibly shouldn't be dismissed, right?  
Ariana and Moses, as much as I ended up learning bitched about me at the jury house(lol) I think I still would have seen as worthy winners(tho I personal hated their strategy with flipping, it seemed part and parcel of the game and rather smart) ... both played sneakily hard which was impressive in its own twisted way...but that's digressing Laughing

Anyway, good luck guys and see you at the final Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: magic_girl   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:51 pm

To you both:

Coffee did help sometimes, I'm guessing for both Tony and me. Cigarettes and Lou Reed, too. Otherwise, it really depended on the challenge. Tony dominated in trivia/speed-based find-the-answer/first-to-post games. I was better at puzzles, even when they didn't seem like puzzles (sans the last challenge - though I thought of a great strategy right after it). As mentioned, it was basically trying to figure out everyone else's strategy and counter them. In the Twenty One game Bobby and Audrey played, I tried to get them to eliminate each other while I was just a miser - I also quickly got a sense of when each would stand vs. hit, and tried to change mine up sometimes (when there wasn't much risk) just so they couldn't figure out my strategy. For the word challenge, I tried to anticipate the words people would pick (everyone on Uilta posting their choices helped). I asked switza if we could use historical/mythical names (not "common", but with a solid reference), and he said yes... so I was picking "Aceso", "(Junipero) Serra", etc... When the points were revealed, it seemed like Ainu used longer words (higher word scores) but maybe a little more obscure/fewer penalties (my words were short AND unusual, but with a solid enough mythical/historical reference to not be "uncommon"), and the words that did get penalties spread out pretty evenly. With the Russian names challenge, it was just a list - either totally random or totally sequential (all alphabetical), depending on how you saw it - but theoretically, the first and last names on the list could've been picked just as randomly as anything in the center. But I noticed everyone was going for the middle of the list, arbitrarily limiting how "random" their picks could be, because the beginning and ending *looked* too sequential... so I just kept alternating between the first and last name (the most obvious/sequential looking picks), and no one caught on/everyone continued to avoid picking them. The very last round, with only 3 names, I picked the very 1st name - I was the only one to do that, and based on how all of you had played, I knew I would be (the 2nd/middle name was picked 3 times, as I expected, and the last name was picked twice). Laughing The Survivor names challenge was similar, figuring the most obvious picks would seem so obvious that no one would pick them. So I picked Richard Hatch, Cochran, Boston Rob, Parvati, etc... After that, it was just a matter of how "common" vs. "rare" the names *looked* (or would look to others), and picked the opposite of what I though others would pick. And it worked: the point difference between Tony and me (1st and 2nd place) was about the same as point difference between 2nd and 8th place. Etc... Basically, it's a matter of being able to read people and guess how they'll play, while also looking at the challenge holistically while also seeing several patterns/strategies within the whole (seeing both the forest and the trees). Challenges where I was able to do that, I did well.

Ekki -

I thought you and Sweet were closer than either of you were telling me - which was fine, but then especially once Moses/Ariana came in and you were both championing them *hard* (Sweet had originally picked Moses for Uilta, before Madea's reward let her swap him and Illuminati), I got a little nervous. When Sweet picked my tribe - with Jeff, too - I guess the same thing that made you paranoid made me less paranoid. Laughing The tribe split in an interesting way (one I didn't expect), which made me feel more secure. No offense, but the fact your were spazzing a bit made me feel like my spazzing wasn't as necessary as I thought, so it made my position look better. I felt I could fully trust Sweet (and you - sorry) *because* of that.

I was wary of telling you things not because I didn't trust you, but because I knew if I trusted you too much (in the game), it could backfire. Since we do know each other, there was that doubt that if there was an expectation I told you everything, you could easily use it against me without me suspecting it (I should've added that paradox in my answer to Bobby...). Aside from one time (not telling Moondoggie/Ainu why he was really voted out - which could've put Moses and Ariana on the outs with them, while also making me less of a target - and all of you refused to tell them, which yes, made me fine with voting you out if that was the best counter), I didn't have any concern you'd flip for its own sake... but once you and I were the only 2 Uilta left, and it was you or me, I knew it was a possibility. When that time came, I had immunity (through my most desperate play in an immunity challenge, at that), so YOU were the one in danger, and I used that to convince Bobby and Tony to vote out Audrey/change the dynamic, knowing you had no option but to vote with me (rather than against me) that round... it was a solid plan, and ended up helping both of us. But I did use your bad position to my advantage there (sorry).

As for overall trust... when I was unsure of you/Sweet, I didn't think I was in any immediate risk, just something I was paying attention to for future reference. With the Moondoggie stuff, I was *sure* you were totally with them (not Sweet, not Jeff, not me) - and maybe you entertained the idea but decided against it, which is fair enough. When it was just you and me left from original Uilta, I didn't think you were all, "yay! I can vote out Ekki now!" or anything like that. But it was a bad position for both of us, and voting me out would be your most logical/safest choice (that's not me distrusting you as a person, I swear - just being aware that's how the game works) - so I was thrilled to have immunity and to basically force you into voting with me/not being able to vote against me (and again, it worked well for both of us, so not a big deal). Just to be clear, it was never that I didn't trust you as a person (and I'm truly sorry if you thought that), but *in the game*... I guess when I fully trusted you (without any doubt) was when we basically had to completely trust each other (to vote out Audrey and the dynamic after that/once we were in a better position).
Back to top Go down
tonyt88

PostSubject: Re: magic_girl   Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:46 am

To you both: you guys seemed to dominate in the challenges as the game progressed, and since no one asked, I'll go ahead and bite - how did you prepare and were there any hidden strategies/techniques you picked up that could have possibly given you an advantage during the challenges that others didn't pick up on etc... are you guys willing to share any of that? I doubt both of you just relied on coffee! Come on!! Also what were your favourite tasks and why? And what were your personal highlights, too?

Oh challenges - half of them I was running on adrenaline, the other half I was actually half drunk (from dinner with my family or boyfriend) and running to my computer. In terms of advantages, the singular one I had I shared with you about picking teams. In terms of strategy, I definitely had the second window open looking up info when I didn't know it.

Favorite task was definitely the unscrambling challenge since it was, for me, the toughest one. That first round really took a couple reworking since so many answers could work, and I love a well conceived and demanding challenge.

And to that, highlights would have to be winning challenges for me. I like to compete, and, especially when the challenge requires attention to detail, that really excites me.

Tony - you became a great friend and I'm glad we got to work together as the game progressed... Also Bobby and Moon(I gathered long ago you guys could have been potential allies? Not sure..) Anyway, you said you played a viciously sneaky game before, but wanted to play a genuine game this time. Now I wanna know, if one of your allies were in the final 3 with you i.e. Bobby, would you have used some sneaky techniques to guarantee him a place in the final with you, or risk your opponent winning and your own position too for the final, if they would have picked your ally instead of you?

I'm asking to probe how badly you wanted to stay in this game and make sure your ally was by your side... Do you think using some sneakiness at this stage would have been justified as clever strategising and not really seen as a dishonest move? I'm curious if your integrity in the game would have stayed as you professed or if you think at this point it wouldn't have mattered?

From what I learnt of Survivor, utilising every skill set is a must and might have been commended, making someone an allrounder, so possibly shouldn't be dismissed, right?
Ariana and Moses, as much as I ended up learning bitched about me at the jury house(lol) I think I still would have seen as worthy winners(tho I personal hated their strategy with flipping, it seemed part and parcel of the game and rather smart) ... both played sneakily hard which was impressive in its own twisted way...but that's digressing Laughing

Had I made it to the final three with an ally, I think my key approach would stand of fighting my hardest to win the challenge and make my vote the one that counts. I'm not into pandering for a vote (or avoiding a vote), so were someone else to have won the challenge I would have just said to pick whatever you think is best.

There are moments sneakiness can be used and not be dishonest, but I think it's based on with whom you are being sneaky. I'm never fond of being sneaky with an ally, but pseudo allies or relationships of convenience leave you with more leverage. All in all, though, one Audrey had been voted out (which was definitely my hardest choice since it was choosing between Bobby and her), my game and the game as a whole was pretty much set with conversation leading to very little change.

And, to that, an allrounder is totally respectable. It's like college admissions, you accept a mixture of allrounders and experts so that everyone learns from each other and both have their merits. To that, allrounders and experts should both be applauded, and I guess all you can do is identify who did better with their style of game.

Cheers to a great game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: magic_girl   

Back to top Go down

magic_girl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Lsquared Restoration :: Tribal Council :: Final Tribal Council-