Lsquared Restoration

The official game forum for the 11th season of Lsquared.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FunBobby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
switza
Admin

PostSubject: FunBobby   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:35 am

Bobby-please step up and address the final 2 with questions or comments regarding their game.
Back to top Go down
FunBobby

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:17 pm

I feel as if I made a lot of mistakes in this game, and the root-cause for the majority of my mistakes was paranoia.  I didn't trust anyone in this game.  This caused me to turn on people when I should have  trusted them, and it caused me to trust people when I should have been voting them out.  So my Jury questions are going to revolve around these two themes:  Paranoia and Trust.  

Paranoia:
the most destructive trait a person can bring to this game.  Paranoia is not something any player wants to be.  It starts out as a respectable level of caution.  But then the caution levels grow until you are making up conspiracies.  Then you start making connections where there are no connections.  One person says one thing and you instantly think that they mean something else.  And before you know it your brain has created more "what if" theories then you can count.  One person's paranoia will most definitely destroy their own game.  If you're lucky it will stop there.  However, if the paranoia is heavy enough and if it lingers long enough it will grow like a cancer and destroy more peoples' games than any one person could ever destroy on their own.

Trust:
trust is, in my opinion, the most important aspect of the game.  You need to trust an alliance.  You need to trust that you will win immunity.  You need to trust that if you lose immunity that your alliance will keep you safe.  You need to trust that you have a path to victory within your alliance.  You need to trust that your alliance trusts you enough.  You need to trust that if your alliance doesn't trust you that they won't turn on you.  And you need to do it all without letting paranoia eat at you from within.  If two or three people can build an unbreakable bond of trust among each other then they can have an almost effortless trip to the deep stages of this game.  But building that level of trust with even just one person in such a short period of time in a game that is all about deceit is most certainly easier said then it is done.  

Tony:
For a large part of the game you were one of the people I trusted the most.  At the final 6 I felt vulnerable and I was entertaining the idea of voting out Ekki.  I felt as if Ariana and Moses were on board with this plan.  All I needed was your vote yet you quickly dismissed this suggestion when I brought it up to you.  I trusted you and so instead of forcing a tie I voted against Ariana.  But then I was voted out that very same Tribal Council.  

My questions to you regarding this are: How much did you trust me in this game?  Why were you so quick to dismiss voting out Ekki the night I was voted out?  Did you know I was going to be voted out when I was?

Ekki:
As I mentioned, paranoia was a weakness of mine, and I feel the biggest contributor to my paranoia was the fact that I never built a relationship with someone that I could trust above everyone else.  You alluded to having a very strong relationship with MagicGirl.  And you alluded to your relationship with her going beyond the game.  As in, you knew her before the game started.  Am I understanding this correctly?   If so then please address the following:

With no disrespect to MagicGirl she seemed like she was always going to vote however you voted EVERY. SINGLE. ROUND.  Her allegiance to you appeared to be unwavering.    An alliance like this in this game is a dream come true.  But if this relationship was pre-game then I feel like you had a leg-up on me and a leg-up on every other player in my position.  A leg-up on those of us who had to filter through layers upon layers of deceit to try and determine who we could trust.  And then we had the impossible task of trying measure how much we could trust that person/those people.  You didn't have to do this because you had that one solid person that you knew you could trust wholeheartedly and vice versa.

A fundamental part of this game is being able to build trust with the other players: do you feel that your pre-game relationship with MagicGirl should be viewed as an advantage that you had over the players like myself who didn't have this type of pre-game relationship?  If so, do you feel as if I should vote for your regardless of this pre-game relationship?  And if so, why?

Both:
I'll close by saying I'm not mad at either of you.  I have not decided who I am voting for yet, but I am excited to vote for either one of you and I will be happy with whoever wins.  Congrats to both of you !!!
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Yes and no. There have been brother/brother, husband/wife, etc... teams on Survivor before. They don't necessarily ever have an advantage. On that same note, I've never once posted on the Games board... I post on Music General and The Soapbox (sometimes Books or whatever, too). I gathered from the introduction thread that there were other people in this game who know each other (as well as from some hearsay strategy-gossip) from the Games board, previous games, etc...

Whether or not they work together in the game - that's a different issue. Magic knew nothing about Survivor before this game. Absolutely nothing. I explained the premise to her, and she watched at least some of this past season to get the hang of it. Before the game ever started (bear in mind we had no idea we'd be chosen for the same tribe, and neither of us picked the tribe), we did make an agreement that it's a game... we could vote each other out as part of the game - that's the game.

As it turned out, we were picked for the same tribe in the beginning. When the merge happened and Moses/Ariana flipped, we were then stuck in a minority together. The fact that we remained so close didn't have to do with us knowing each other outside of the game so much as how the game played out, and the positions we were in (by others' doing). Had we originally been picked for different tribes, it would've been a very different game, and I don't imagine we would've worked together at all. Yes, the fact that we knew each other on IMDb definitely helped when we *were* picked for the same tribe and ultimately both left out in the cold by Ariana and Moses, but that's largely down to luck of the draw - and sure, it was a particularly lucky draw for both of us, and we both used that to our advantage (but that's just strategy and social game).

I also built trust with other people in the game (albeit the people I trusted most were voted out), as did she. And other times, I let it get to my head and paranoia took over, including against her: there was a time I was convinced she was working with Moses and Ariana to flip (re: Moondoggie stuff), early on I was sure she and Sweet were closer than either let on, etc... It's a game, and paranoia is part of the game (why I went along with voting you out, for one) - knowing someone outside of the game doesn't change that, because it IS a game (when you compete against friends in any game, you still compete against them - be it a physical competition, a board game, a video game, or online Survivor).

We just happened to be thrown in positions that we weren't competing against each other, but rather with each other. It was an advantage, definitely, but one I didn't immediately anticipate on having. Pretty much everyone had some chance advantage in the game (Tony included), and that was probably my biggest - and I played it really well.
Back to top Go down
tonyt88

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:25 pm

For a large part of the game you were one of the people I trusted the most. At the final 6 I felt vulnerable and I was entertaining the idea of voting out Ekki. I felt as if Ariana and Moses were on board with this plan. All I needed was your vote yet you quickly dismissed this suggestion when I brought it up to you. I trusted you and so instead of forcing a tie I voted against Ariana. But then I was voted out that very same Tribal Council.

My questions to you regarding this are: How much did you trust me in this game? Why were you so quick to dismiss voting out Ekki the night I was voted out? Did you know I was going to be voted out when I was?

I trusted you wholeheartedly. I had every intention of getting you and Audrey to final three. And I was quick to dismiss Ekki because I felt that Ariana was such a huge threat that she needed to go then and there or the numbers would ever work thereafter. And I can still remember the vote being revealed and I was f-ing furious how that went down. Afterwards, Magic and Ekki both consoled and shared the errs they made (never truly bought the stories). At that point, I was left as the fifth wheel which worked for me that next vote, but I knew I was next up if I couldn't get it together. But yeah, the tl:dr is I had no clue. I was being too trusting of others, and you got screwed in that process, and at that moment, this game sucked.
Back to top Go down
FunBobby

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 pm

bounce
Back to top Go down
Jeff Winger

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:15 pm

If this is Ekkis first game, regardless if he knew magic or not that is impressive.
Back to top Go down
FunBobby

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Ummm.... ok. Thanks Jeff.
Back to top Go down
FunBobby

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:54 pm

I agree that Ekki's game was impressive regardless of whether he knew Magic or not. I just wanted him to answer my question, which he did very well. I don't know why you felt the need to comment.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Winger

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:01 pm

U mad?
Back to top Go down
FunBobby

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Yes. You are pissing me off.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Winger

PostSubject: Re: FunBobby   Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:43 pm

So scary.