Lsquared Restoration

The official game forum for the 11th season of Lsquared.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opening Statements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Opening Statements   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:33 am

Welcome tony and Ekki to the final Tribal Council of the season. We're joined by our jurors: Sweet, Jeff, Audrey, Bobby, Ariana, Moses and magic, voted out at our last Tribal Council.

You have both played excellent games; games I think our jury respects. And now your games are in those jurors' hands. They will be the ones who determine who is ultimately the winner of this game.

You'll each get the opportunity to make an opening statement. Then each juror will step up and make a comment or ask a question to one or both of you. Once you have both responded to the jurors, we'll open the voting.

Please place your opening statements on this thread. To help keep the board less muddled, the jurors have individual threads for their questions/comments. Please use that area to respond directly to them.
Back to top Go down
Audrey Belrose

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Oops, I posted my questions before reading this Laughing Just ignore them for now, I can't delete.
Back to top Go down
tonyt88

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Okay! So opening statement! I guess the point of this is to open up with my strengths. In individual challenges, I won four immunity challenges and a couple reward challenges. I also played key roles in a few group immunity challenges. Apart from that, I like to play a clean game. This is obviously a pro for some and a con for others.

Years ago when I played Survivor during another one of switza's games, I played a viciously sneaky game and it took me far, but I realized I didn't like what I was doing, and, in the end, it can be difficult to convince the jury (since a strategy like that leaves many bitter which often outweigh the merits of the strategy). So when I signed up this time, I just wanted to play a genuine game that was about just competing my hardest in challenges and chatting up people and keep chatting with those that I naturally gelled with when chatting.

With that said, I'm much better at answering questions than opening up (could never be a lawyer), so I look forward to addressing everyone's questions and identifying merits in my game.

Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Mine is totally longer than Tony's (sorry)...

I originally signed up for this game as an alternate.  I didn't expect for sure I'd even play, and didn't expect to make it nearly this far if I did play.  But as the game went on and I became more invested, I started to really enjoy it.  Before the 2nd tribe swap, I decided I wanted to try my hardest to not only play, but also win.  This was the first online game I've ever played.  I am a moderate Survivor fan (though haven't watched it in a few years), so I already knew the gist of how the game works... but mostly, especially with how it's adapted to an online game, I was learning as I went along.

With that, I made strong moves, but also some mistakes: 1. originally doubting Jeff, then scrambling to find ways to keep him in the game, by making him appear to everyone else as a swing vote/not a threat, when I realized how dumb I had been, and 2. not trusting Bobby more - though to be fair, I am pretty sure you did earnestly consider voting me out/didn't trust me either, I just beat you to the draw.  The rest of my game I'm happy with and think I did surprisingly well: I kept Jeff in the game as long as I could and convinced everyone he wasn't a threat, I engineered voting out Audrey, I cottoned-on to Ariana and Moses' game before they ever made a move (Sweet can attest to me expressing my concerns, as can Switza via my confessionals) and played it right back at them, I was awesome at (most) challenges, etc...    Despite wanting to win, I also wanted to keep my final 6 together.  Ariana and Moses made a big move that easily could've worked in their favor for the rest of the game, but ultimately didn't.  After that, to try to secure my spot and the spots of those with me, I started playing the social and strategic aspects of the game harder than I had before.  And while I felt like a shitty person for it a couple times, I think I did well.

I loved the challenges, and I was good at them: 3 individual immunities, came in first for both tribe reward/swap challenges, had the lowest/best score of everyone in the word challenge, etc... And only 1 was luck - the rest were pure effort and strategy, seeing or anticipating (based on past challenges) what strategy everyone else would use and countering them all.  To me, and I think Tony (so this applies on his behalf, too), the challenges were an integral part of the game - at first to try our hardest to make sure our entire tribe/the people we were working with were safe, and later to ensure our own safety in the game.  There is also a strategic (and/or intimidation) element to winning at challenges - when people feel there's a good chance they won't be able to vote you out, they're more likely to hear you out and consider helping you.

I know I've been criticized for not having the best social game, and fair - I'm not a very social person, and that was definitely the most difficult part of the game for me.  But this is where I say it's a multi-faceted game... social, strategic, some necessary (and sometimes not-so-necessary) manipulation... However, the challenges/immunity are also part of the game, with a tangible benefit (winning them keeps your tribe together, then keeps you, as an individual, safe), though one not as often recognized by others.  All of us had our own strengths and weaknesses, and all had to try to overcome our weaknesses to adapt to the strengths of others.  In the latter part of the game, after Moses/Ariana flipped, I feel I adapted to the social aspect pretty well - though clearly it wasn't my biggest strength, just as challenges weren't the biggest strength of the players with awesome social games from the beginning.

Regardless of my social game sucking, I've met some great people: Jeff, Sweet, Ariana, Moses... I truly enjoyed talking to you all, and am kind of bummed the game is over for that reason.  Bobby and Tony, though I didn't start talking to them until later, were also cool.  Audrey - I've never talked to you, but you were kind of this mythical figure in the game, who it seemed like everyone secretly deferred to at some point, and I considered you the biggest threat (hence convincing Bobby and Tony to help Magic and I vote you out... lolz, sorry).  Then there's Magic - she actually brought me into this game... it's through her that Switza gave me an invite.  We obviously had to keep that quiet.  We originally made a deal we could vote each other out when/if necessary, but it never came to that, and we stayed loyal and close throughout the entire game.  Funny enough, it was probably Ariana/Moses flipping, and us needing to hold tight, that made that agreement go out the window. Still, on that note/as a subtle reminder: it's just a game, but I'm sure one both Tony and I want to win - everyone should vote for who they think was the best player - that's the game right now.

Tony was an awesome player and played a solid game, and I respect how much of a force he was in challenges.  I enjoyed working with him, the small portion of the game I did, and I admired his work in challenges from early on.  If he wins and I lose, I'll be happy for him - he'd be a great pick for the winner.  But I do want to win, and I think I'd be a great pick, too.  So, my one criticism of Tony's game (and it's not really a criticism, just noting how the cards were dealt) was that he was never in the position I was in.  He started the merge in a minority, but was able to rely on others to flip to his side (and to rely on others to convince them to flip), and from there was always able to be in a position he was reasonably secure (though nothing is certain in this game).  The other 3 left behind on the original 6 (Magic, Jeff, and me) had to scramble *hard* to keep our positions secure, and there was never any sort of certainty.  He did play a clean game, and I admire it (and personally, I very well may vote for that if I were on the jury)... but he was never in a position he *had to* play any other kind of game to stay in the game - he was able to rely on others not playing a clean game to move him through. That said, Tony is a force, played an amazing game, AND won the final immunity challenge and picked me to go along (he got both of us here, not me).

That's my attempt to get everything out at once.  I promise my answers to questions won't be quite a novel.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:29 am

Once the finalists finish answering the last couple questions, you can send me your votes. Post in your voting confessional like always. Remember this time you are voting for the person you believe most deserves the title of Sole Survivor.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:23 pm

I believe that both players have answered every question. Thank you jurors for an excellent bit of questioning. For the final time this season, it is time to vote.

Again, remember this time you are voting for the person you believe most deserves the title of Sole Survivor.
Back to top Go down
switza
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:27 am

I now have all the jury votes. Here's how this will work: I'm going to post episodes on the IMDb Games board. Once all the episodes are posted, there will be a live final jury vote reveal/reunion show. I'll try to get through the episodes as quick as possible (a couple a day perhaps) so this doesn't drag out too long.

I want to again thank you all for playing. I think this has been an excellent season with a lot of great players. The idea was to restore this series back to being one of the better games around and you guys definitely accomplished that. Ekki and tony I wish you both the best of luck. Congratulations to you both.
Back to top Go down
tonyt88

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks switza - and amazing job coordinating this - really well done!
Back to top Go down
tonyt88

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:49 am

Hey switza,

Just an FYI - I'm seeing one of these:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:06 pm

switza wrote:
I'm going to post episodes on the [Only admins are allowed to see this link].

Neutral

Is there an actual link that plebeians can see?
Back to top Go down
Ariana Grande

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:48 am

It's on the Games: Other Games board. It says LSquared Restoration Episodes.
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:07 pm

switza wrote:
I'll try to get through the episodes as quick as possible (a couple a day perhaps) so this doesn't drag out too long.

And thank you, Ariana.
Back to top Go down
Ariana Grande

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 am

Lol Switza did you give up on us?

And you're welcome Ekki!
Back to top Go down
tonyt88

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:04 am

Yes - thanks plenty Ariana!! I was so confused/concerned.
Back to top Go down
Ekki Mukk

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:47 am

4 down, 10 (?) to go...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening Statements   

Back to top Go down

Opening Statements
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1